Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Journery Through Clutter Jungle Resumes

Hello again, finally! This Journey Through Clutter Jungle has taken much more time to plan than I ever expected it to. I have been absent for 60 weeks. My journey should be complete by now. I am ashamed to admit such a long delay and absence from writing. I am embarrassed to have invited you on this journey with me, and get you all excited about it, and then bale out on you. I am very sorry, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I only wish it was the bottom of my clutter instead!

All was not lost, however. I have made maps and plans and plans and maps, and came so close to giving up it's not even funny. But I knew you were depending on me, so I scrapped what I had (not) done and began again.

One thing I realized as I walked through my house looking at pile after pile upon stack after stack and piles on those stacks, was that Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was this Jungle. It had taken day after day of careful attention and stacking things just right to make all of this 'wonderful' stuff stick in place without tumbling down like the walls of Jericho. It was quite a work of art. It was something to be admired, if I do say so myself. In fact, speaking of art, I felt much like Mona Lisa. This was no smiling matter. The seriousness of my problem hit me like a ton of books!

My problem seemed insurmountable. In fact, it was so depressing that I couldn't think about it for days. I shut it out of my mind. I wasn't able to accomplish even simple tasks. This was not going to work and I knew it. I struggled with it for sometime. I would give myself pep talks. I would put my hiking boots on and head into the jungle. I would work several hours and be encouraged by the progress I was making, then I would run out of time and have to clear the path back out of the jungle. I just had to stack everything back, although it was neater than before,and I did at least know what was there. There was only mild gratification in that.

This became the pattern of my progress. I still felt like the frog in the well, 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

My time has once again ran out. I must quit writing for the night, but I will be back. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment