Monday, August 25, 2014

Scavenger Hunt Sunday 8-24-2014


 Today's Scavenger Hunt Sunday prompts are Table Setting, Flowers, Children, Running, and Photographer's Choice. I've had a busy week working once again. I managed to take close to 700 pictures this week, but still lacked a photo for setting.

1. Table Setting


This is the best you'll get at my house in the way of a table setting. I do have a table in the kitchen. It is always full of projects not related to eating. For this prompt, I used a small folding table. My granddaughter has a few special traditions she observes when visiting our home. One is to eat fruit with a cocktail fork. Another is to mix chocolate syrup in her milk. This table setting is in her honor, although she won't be here to eat it.

 2. Flowers


One thing I like about flowers is how pretty they look after they dry (or die), especially in this vintage green vase. I'm not an avid duster, but even if I was, I wouldn't dust my dried roses. If I did, they wouldn't be pretty anymore. The dust adds to the vintage look, don't you think?

3. Children 


Since school started, we have no children around to photograph. Earlier in the week, Joe and I went on a short road trip. I took my camera to photograph the storm clouds. I confess, I did get a little shutter happy. Of the 700 or so photos I took, at least 500 of them were what I call 'drive bys'. It is a real challenge to get shots that are not blurred, but it's fun to try. If you can't read it, it says We heart (love) our Children. Please Drive Carefully.

4. Running


Joe stopped to asked directions and left the car running so I could stay cool. I took this shot out of the keys in the ignition. I was pleased when I realized it fit one of the prompts.

5. Photographer's Choice


Joe called to me from another room to look at something. I was busy on the computer and didn't go right away. He came in my office, picked up my camera and left. He came back to show me this shot of a frog lounging on the towel rack in the bathroom (and yes, that is dust on the towel rack.) Lucky for me, Joe took it outside. I would not have enjoyed sharing the bathroom with a frog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed my take on the prompts this week. I would love for you to leave a comment to let me know what you think of my choices. If you would like to participate in Scavenger Hunt Sunday, just click on the link below.

5 comments:

  1. The frog shot is my favorite,and that fruit looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruit was good. (I had to eat it, since my granddaughter wasn't here.) Thanks of visiting!

      Delete
  2. Yes, the frog shot is my favorite also.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I have had a ceramic frog on the back of the stool for years. I guess he needed some company!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete