Sunday, March 23, 2014

Scavenger Hunt Sunday--Week 21

I traveled far to bring you my 21st week of  Scavenger Hunt Sunday. It was a busy week for me. Hopefully you can keep up.

1. Leading Lines


We had quite a bit of rain last week, but by Monday the rain ground had dried up enough that Joe could walk through the woods to search for mushrooms. We drove out toward the lake and parked on the spillway side of the dam. I got out my camera and took over 300 photos while Joe searched for mushrooms. Inspite of all the rain, there was no water running over the dam.

This rock stairway leads to the top of the dam, from where you can look into the lake. It's a fun climb, but gets a little spooky as you get closer to the top, especially when water is roaring over the wall and cascading into the pool below then flowing on toward the Deep Fork River. 

2. Relationship


Fast-forwarding on to Friday morning VERY early, we left home to go to Topeka, KS for an antique show. We passed this old theater sign on the way. The marquise was an advertisement for Wal-Mart rather than a movie. I pondered over the relationship between the two before coming to the conclusion that Wal-Mart must have been built on the sight of the old drive-in theatre.



 There was a big crowd at the antique show today. The look on the face of the girl on the left makes me think there may have been a problem in the relationship between her and this big guy.

3. Good Morning!


This is where I back track. Tuesday evening I met my daughter and her two children for a mini vacation in Branson, MO. We spent the night in a motel. I woke up the next morning to the sound of my grandson playing. When he heard me moving around, he looked across his still sleeping momma and gave me the great big smile you see on his face. Luckily I had my camera handy to capture it. 

4. Together


A few hours later I took this picture of the three of them at #Silver Dollar City. We all had a great time together, but the fun ended too soon. I had to be back home Thursday evening to pack for the antique show in Topeka.

5. Project


We made it to Topeka and spent all day Friday getting set up for the show. Saturday afternoon I was finally able to walk around a bit to see what the other vendors had to sell. One girl had applied pages from an old atlas to a vintage desk, then painted a chair with colors that were in the maps. I thought she did an awesome job on this project. I'm tempted to try something similar when I get some spare time--maybe in 2017.

I linked this post to Ashley's blog from the link below. If you'd like to participate next week, you can find out how here:

10 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had a busy week. I love your together image

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. My weeks are usually busy, followed by even busier weekends. lol

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the drive-in theater image...and what an unusual relationship there is between the marquee and the text. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment as well as the subtle correction of my spelling. :) I think of many words in terms of the silverware patterns I deal with daily. Saturday I was inventorying a very pretty pattern called marquise. I remember fleetingly thinking the sign should not be spelled the same way.

      Delete
  3. Gee whiz, I did keep up, and it was a marvelous journey on my end here. I like that desk, what an awesome idea, especially for a teenager's room. Looks like your visit together in Branson was well worth it, as was the tremendous turn out at the antique fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thanks for visiting. It was a very fun journey, although extremely tiring. Even now I am contemplating a nap. I should just go to bed early instead, but that would cramp my style.

      Delete
  4. I really like the drive-in theater sign...and I'm happy I don't look terrible in the photo you picked for together...though it appears i must work on my post-baby belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charity. I'd like to have the sign in my yard but I don't know what I would put on the marquee. Baby bellies happen, and it's obvious by the picture that you came by yours honestly. All three of you look nice in the picture.

      Delete
  5. Love that good morning shot! She did a great job on that desk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she did. She brought in some dressers on Sunday that were just as cute. I have several that I have been saving for such a project. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete