Saturday, November 23, 2013

Clearing the Path: Midweek Checkup

Just checking in to offer a little encouragement as you clear the path into your personal jungle. I want to assure you, that as dark as it may seem, there is light somewhere along the way. It may take awhile to find it, but if you keep pressing forward, you will get there. Do your best to find time each day to work toward your goal even if you can only squeeze in 15 minutes Break that 15 minutes down into 5 minutes intervals necessary. Do whatever it takes to get your time in. If this fails and you don't manage even 15 minutes, don't beat yourself up about it. You can do it. Whatever you do, don't let procrastination get the best of you.

As I began clearing my path, I thought of a few things I should have to told you:

1. Use a liner in the trash can so that at the end of your work session you can tie it up and throw it out right away. This way you won't be tempted to take back something you have already made a decision to get rid of.

2. Concerning the clothes that you are assuming to be dirty, DO NOT smell them to see if they whether or not they are truly dirty. I was in the habit of doing this until I cleaning for a lady who had a cage with rabbits in her house. One day the rabbits got out and it was several days before she was able to catch them. Besides the rabbits, there were two adults and four children living in the house. They lived a very fast paced life and were not home long enough to properly maintain the home. The house was not really dirty, it was just very cluttered. I can totally relate to that busy life style. Mine is much the same way. Although the person in this story is not me, my house is probably very similar to what hers was, without the rabbits. Back to the smelling issue, the 1st thing I put under my nose to smell was offensive. After awhile I smelled another clean looking clothing item. It smelled bad too. You would think I would have learned by then, but as I had a habit of smelling clothes to judge their state of cleanness, I did it a third time. It was rank! That's when it dawned on me that the rabbits had been using the clothing as a litter box. This broke me from smelling clothes. Don't forget my advise: Assume all clothing on the floor to be dirty. Do not use the smell test.

3. Give the kids the box for toys and have them work alongside you. I have found that they work more willingly when they are working beside you. Let them know that the plan is to keep the path clear.

Don't forget to write down your accomplishments at the end of every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment